Howdy, NEW yarn arrivals in our craft studio! I am so excited to share some sneak peeks of our most recent design project for LoveKnitting.
Paintbox Simply Chunky is a bulky weight yarn (5) with 149 yds (136 m) per 3.5oz (100g). It comes in a gorgeous range of bright and pastel colors appealing to the eyes.
Why I love Paintbox Simply Chunky yarn:
- Softness. YES! This yarn is nice and soft, just a dream to work with.
- Consistent weight. From color to color & from skein to skein – the same thickness of yarn, how wonderful is that!
- Gauge. When working with 2 strands together, the gauge is the same as for most of our rug patterns that are made from 3 strands of worsted weight yarn. So if you are not comfortable using 3 strands, you can substitute worsted weight yarn with Paintbox Simply Chunky and use only 2 strands! Here is a simple formula on how to calculate the yardage: Divide the recommended yardage by 3 & then multiply the result by 2. Example: If the pattern calls for 2700 yds of worsted weight yarn, you will only need (2700 : 3) X 2 = 1800 yds of Paintbox Simply Chunky yarn. Please keep in mind that the total yardage might vary based on your own gauge.
- Shipping. To my surprize, the package arrived to Canada in no time, thank you LoveKnitting!
- Packing. The yarn was packed in lovely organza bags…can you imagine, no plastic packing! Actually, I just realized how much I love using these bags…they do not take extra space and are so easy to bring with you outside or when you travel, just grab your bag & go 🙂
If you are looking for a high quality yarn, LoveKnitting might become your favorite stop to shop.
Do you know what is my favorite thing to do? I like to WALK & CROCHET. I feel very productive when I get my steps in & I get my project stitches done at the same time! I enjoy using these cute organza bags for carrying my yarn balls around, easy – breathy – comfortable 🙂
By the way, Loveknitting Organza Bags are also available for purchasing individually if you are looking for a unique packing for your knit & crochet projects.
UPDATE: Our Bubbles the Turtle Rug Pattern can be found at IraRott.com, Ravelry, Etsy, and Craftsy. You can also purchase it along with the materials from LoveCrochet.com. I hope you enjoy this pattern!