Double Chain Easy Cord Tutorial
Double Chain Easy Cord (D-ch) is one of my favorite techniques. You can make ties, belts, draw-string for your finished projects, and even use it as a foundation sc to begin your work.
- Leave a long yarn tail at the beginning, approximately 3 times as long as the desired length of the cord.
- Make a slip knot to create the first chain.
- Holding the working yarn around your index finger, tail over the hook from front to back (2 loops on the hook).
- Holding the bottom of the cord with your thumb and middle finger, grab working yarn and draw it through both loops on the hook (1 loop on the hook).
- Repeat STEPS 3 and 4 until you reach the desired length.
Here are some examples of using Double Chain Easy Cord (D-ch) in my patterns:
- Draw-string in Fiesta Owl Poncho with Hood
- Draw-string in Fiesta Owl Doll Poncho
- Top feathers in Pavo the Peacock Hat
- Carrot leaves in Bunny Baby Set
- Bull ring in Luna the Moo-Moo Cow Hat
You can also make this cord using 2 or 3 colors of yarn from individual balls. Check out my Instagram videos to see how I do it.
6 thoughts on “Double Chain Easy Cord Tutorial”
So easy. I have attempted and failed instructions for making dble ch cords. Your method could not be clearer. Thank you.
You are welcome, so glad it helped.
This was brilliant. The best and easiest cord tutorial I’ve found.