Hexi Cactus Placemats
Hello friends, did you see my new Hexi Cactus Placemats yet? This new pattern includes 5 different applique designs and instructions for making hexagon shaped log cabin placemats. Quilt-as-you-go and 120 degree binding tutorials are also available on my blog in case you need additional help.
Disclaimer: The links below are affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you, if you choose to make a purchase.
What You Need:
- Fabric for 5 placemats – 6 Fat Quarters in various colors
- Fabric for cacti – 4-5 Fat Eighths in shades of green
- Fabric for flowers – Scraps of pink and red fabrics
- Fabric for pots – Scraps of gray fabrics
- Backing fabric – 5 Fat Quarters
- Binding fabric – 8 Jelly Roll strips
- Cotton Batting – Crib size (45” X 60”) or 5 small pieces (18” X 21”)
Using cactus templates from the pattern, I also made a few basic table runners just so I could practice free motion quilting and to build my muscle memory. As you know, practice makes perfect.
It was also fun to try and play with all the different decorative stitches on my sewing machine. Cacti are so much fun to appliqué!
I hope you will enjoy this new pattern. Happy quilting!