Removable Non-Slip Lining for Crochet Rugs
I came up with an idea of removable rug lining to be able to wash and dry crochet rugs separately without risking of melting the liner materials.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions for the purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you.
- Easy Liner
- VELCRO Sew-On Hooks for sew-on method or VELCRO Adhesive Hooks for no-sew method. You can also use the hooks from a regular Hook & Loop tape.
- Basic straight stitch sewing machine (optional)
- All purpose sewing thread (optional)
- Lay out the liner on the back of the rug and cut a rectangle that doesn’t expand beyond the rug edges.
- Cut 4 strips of VELCRO hooks to the measurements of the shorter edge of the liner and place these strips evenly spaced onto the liner.
- If you are using a sewing machine, straight stitch around the edges of each strip.
- For no-sew method, just press the adhesive side of the tape onto the liner.
- Roll the finished liner with the hook strips facing out, then place this roll at the top edge of the rug and unroll it towards the bottom edge. Hand press the lining to help the hooks stick to the fabric.
- Gently remove the liner before washing. Wash the rug and the liner individually, following care instructions on the labels of the materials used.
All done, it’s easy and fun!