Twisted Ties For Hats – Duo Colored Cord Tutorial
Twisted yarn cords are fun and easy to make. All you need is yarn and your own hands, but a little help from a friend might also be beneficial!
- Prepare 2 bundles of yarn using different colors, with 4 strands in each bundle…approximately 2.5-3 times as long as the desired length of your finished cord.
- Fold each bundle in half and loop them together in the middle.
- Attach one side of the yarn bundle to anything stationary or ask your friend to hold it (be sure that your friend is not going to let it go or you will need to start over).
- Twist the cord very tightly in the same direction, applying consistent tension.
- Once you finished twisting, you can add a hat to the center of the twisted bundle (as shown in the video below), or just fold the cord in half where 2 colors meet without adding a hat.
- Bring both ends of the twisted yarn bundle together, and let it spin!
- Tie a knot at the end of the cord and trim the ends.
I love using this technique for making duo-colored ties for my crochet animal hats. Here are just a few of my favorites.
6 thoughts on “Twisted Ties For Hats – Duo Colored Cord Tutorial”
Thanks for just a great tip. I’ve always wondered how to do that.
You are welcome, I am glad it helped 🙂
Thank you for the tutorial!:) My hats and bags will definitely benefit from this technique.:)
You are welcome, enjoy!
I love your way for the twisted fringe and the video! Pure fun! Thank you for sharing!